DMDirc 0.6.5 is now available for download. As usual, DMDirc 0.6.5 contains a huge raft of improvements and features from 0.6.4.
Some of the notable new features include:
- Support for having more than one interface loaded – you can now have the main DMDirc client on your desktop as well as a web-based interface active
- Improved encoding support – lines received from IRC servers are now stored in the correct encoding instead of being re-encoded later
- Improved interface speed and reliability – we’ve removed support for MDI which improves the speed and reliability of the user interface
- Rewritten Windows installer – we’ve recreated the Windows installer from scratch, providing an improved user experience and making our code base much easier to maintain in the future
- New line indicator – if you scroll up in a channel window and someone speaks, we now show an indicator at the bottom of the window so you know you’re missing out
And of course, many smaller features and lots of enhancements and bug fixes. During the 0.6.5 development cycle we also made the decision to switch to using Jira to track our issues and features; this provides a set of release notes showing the bug fixes and improvements that have been made in 0.6.5 since we switched.